little_vera: (Genvieve Cortese_cowgirl hat)
[personal profile] little_vera
Photobucket

(Source for photo is ONTD and an article on his wife, Natasha Richardson's death)

Despite the sad subject matter of the article in question, I love this photo. I love the lines in his face, the sorrow and the life written there. It's a story unto itself I think, and though it's a sad story at this stage, I still find this photo captivating.

As was his movie.

The bad first: the clothes-hanger I thought Diane Kruger to be actually acted, though it has to be said, next to January Jones, a pot-plant would have come off better for all the emotion she showed in the role. I've never been able to stand DK but next to JJ she was a thespian. That was truly a disapoinment. I expected so much more from JJ.

The most of all Liam's character. It's a middle-aged Bourne story, and the twist is pretty cool as the movie does not telegraph it at all. You go along with the ride believing Liam's character, Martin, is exactly who he says he is, so the reveal that he isn't is well done.

(no subject)

Date: 2011-02-19 01:53 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] onlyonechoice.livejournal.com
I'm going to try and see this movie this weekend - I've always liked Liam Neeson, and The A-Team only made me love him more :)

Looking forward to it now that I know a flister liked it too!

(no subject)

Date: 2011-02-19 01:59 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] l-vera01.livejournal.com
It was surprisingly good, it really was. I didn't see the twist coming and Liam is so frantic to be believed and to find the truth behind what was happening to him, I got sucked right in and so when the reveal happened I was like: woah!

(no subject)

Date: 2011-02-19 02:51 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] jonsey.livejournal.com
i love this man, he is just awesome.. my earliest memory of him is in Krull!!
i'll wait till this comes out on dvd to watch.. but def want to see :D

(no subject)

Date: 2011-02-20 12:33 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] l-vera01.livejournal.com
Krull? He was in Krull? I had no idea!

(no subject)

Date: 2011-02-20 03:17 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] jonsey.livejournal.com
yeah, one of his earliest movies :D hehe

Profile

little_vera: (Default)
little_vera

April 2011

S M T W T F S
     12
345678 9
10 11121314 1516
17181920212223
24252627282930

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags